FNPS in the news
9/13/2018, Follow up article on US 98 native plant rescue, "Rescuing Native Plants Begins With the Power of One": https://www.tallahassee.com/story/life/home-garden/2018/09/13/rescuing-native-plants-begins-power-one/1292151002/
8/27/2017, Article describing efforts to rescue native plants from US 98: https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2017/08/27/native-plant-enthusiasts-come-together-move-rare-species/606196001/
5/25/2015, WTXL interview with Gail Fishman and Scott Davis regarding native plants and the upcoming FNPS Born to Burn Annual Conference: http://www.wtxl.com/lifestyle/upcoming-burn-conference-teaching-about-conservation/article_41486264-02fd-11e5-9671-471d25856c04.html
3/4/2015, WFSU Dimensions segment on Discovering Florida's Rare Plants featuring an interview with Scott Davis and Amy Jenkins: http://wfsu.org/dimensions/viewvideo.php?num=732 Plus a segment featuring a field trip to the Wolf Creek Trout Lily Preserve while the Trout Lilies were in bloom and interviews with Wilson Baker and Jan Blue: http://blog.wfsu.org/blog-coastal-health/?p=8699
3/3/2015, WCOT Tallahassee Matters segment featuring a November Invasive Species (Coral Ardesia) removal event led by Karen Berkley held at Elinor Klapp-Phipps Park: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUv2G4DUCIQ
3/1/2015, Article in Florida Asphalt about Endangered Plant Protection in Road Construction Projects - A Case Study - the Night Blooming Wild Petunia, Ruellia noctiflora - Jayson Cain working with Eleanor Dietrich along CR 2224: http://www.nxtbook.com/naylor/FACB/FACB0115/index.php#/0
5/7/2014, WFSU Ecology Blog - Video: Liberty County's Carnivourous Plants are Deadly and Colorful. Eleanor Dietrich and the wildflowers on Hwy 65 were featured in this WFSU Dimensions segment.
- Flora of Calcareous Upland Glades in Gadsden and Jackson Counties, Florida, by A.F. Johnson, W.W. Baker, L.C. Anderson, and A.K. Gholson, Jr, This is a reprint of an article published in Journal of the Botanical Research Institue of Texas 7(1), pages 475 - 494.
- Old Growth Pinelands in Florida State Parks by Jim Stevenson, 5/21/2018
In Memory of Angus Gholson
- Community mourns death of Angus Gholson, Twin City News
- Angus Gholson - Legend in his time, Twin City News
- Renowned Botanist Memorialized in Chattahoochee, Jackson County Times
Angus was cited as a source on slightly over 1000 rare plant occurrences in the FNAI database!